The Commonwealth Privacy Act and general law practices place stringent requirements on companies to treat any information provided by the general public as confidential. Blush and Mint Photography recognises this need and takes very seriously its responsibility to protect and maintain the security, privacy and accuracy of personal information.
Blush and Mint Photography collects only information that is necessary for the conduct of our business relationship with you. Conduct of that business relationship includes not only the supply of prints, digital products and framed works but also includes the management of scheduling sessions and transactions entered into with us, administration of any accounts you have with us, informing you of other related products and services which may be relevant to you, and your participation in competitions or other similar activities organised by us. Some of the information we collect, for example on your use of our websites, may be used to improve our services to you and monitor performance. The information we collect is dependent on the purpose for which it is collected. Generally, for the organisation of sessions and other related products or services. It may include, name, delivery address, billing address, contact details, details relevant to the services or product you are interested in obtaining. We collect the information we require in the following ways;
- from you directly when you provide information either over the phone, in a form or submit details through our websites;
- from publicly available sources
- from third parties such as your gallery software which asks for your details to deliver products.
The information collected from your use of our websites may or may not identify you. It may include the type of internet browser used by you, operating system used by you, address of referring site and your IP address. Cookies are pieces of information that our website sends to your computer while you are browsing our sites. These pieces of information allow your browser to utilise some of the features of our sites. Most web browsers are set by default to accept cookies. If you reject cookies you will be unable to take advantage of some of the features of our websites.
We may contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our company, or as otherwise necessary to contact you to enforce our User Agreement, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you. For these purposes, we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail.
In relation to any promotional or direct marketing messages sent to you by us via email, in accordance with the Spam Act 2003, these messages must;
- be sent with your consent. (You may give express consent, or consent may be inferred from your conduct and existing business or other relationships),
- contain accurate information about the person or organisation that authorised the sending of the message, and
- contain a functional ‘unsubscribe’ facility to allow you to opt out from receiving messages from us in the future.
We disclose information to the following organisations or individuals when and to the extent necessary to conduct our business and comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- Government and Regulatory authorities, as required or authorised by law,
- The company’s professional advisors (including legal and accounting firms, auditors, consultants and other advisors)
- Third party service providers we may engage to provide administration, technology (gallery software), auditing, mailing, printing or transport services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that such third party service providers exercise the same standard of care as us in handling your personal information.
Only those employees performing services or tasks relevant to your business with us have access to your information. Information collected via the website is stored securely to be accessed by authorised personnel. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is current and accurate. To assist us in this regard we request that you notify us of any changes to the information we hold on you.
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, you are invited to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Policy as of June 2021